Womxn's Peer Mentoring Circle
2023 Applications are closed
A year-long peer mentoring circle designed to accelerate the advancement of female and/or womxn-identifying intersectional leaders through connection, shared experience, education, and peer to peer mentoring.
It’s 2023 and we are still decades away from gender equality in business.
Despite entering business at the same rate as men, women are only 38% of managers and 22% of C-Suite executives (McKinsey 2021). As a result of this sharp decline, a large number of women are the “only” or “few” on their teams. That leads to a higher risk for microaggressions, lower job satisfaction, and loneliness at work.
The more women reaching their full potential the more businesses can reach their full potential.
For woman and non-binary identifying leaders in Director, VP, or C-Suite(except CEO) level roles looking to expand their network and have a broader and deeper community, this program is focused on developing genuine relationships, trust and providing women with a close circle of confidantes while learning from each other and special guest speakers.
The circle is inspired by our learnings while developing the JEDI Collaborative. Studies show that women supported by other women leaders will progress faster than those just supported by men. The circle is designed to be highly diversified in terms of companies, locations, and backgrounds. The circle is for leaders from all backgrounds with an intent on centering womxn with marginalized identities such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, & People of Color), LGBTQ+, and those with disabilities.
Who Should Apply
- Identity: You identify as a female, womxn or non-binary
- Industry: You work within the natural products, food, or CPG industry
- Career Level: Your role is defined as C-Level/suite (except for CEO), Vice President or Director level
We encourage you to apply especially if you are from a marginalized background.
What You’ll Experience
- Cross company peer mentoring circle with 10-15 women that meet virtually monthly for 1.5 hours
- Run by a Circle Leader volunteer who will be responsible for the circle getting to know each other, creating a safe environment, building trust & scheduling the meetings
- The circle will set objectives & determine topics of interest
- Participate in an optional in person meeting during Expo West (dependent on covid restrictions)
- Once the circle has completed after a year we will also host optional quarterly connection sessions
Previous sessions topics and guest speakers have included
- Leading Under Stress in Times of Change & Uncertainty
- Being Accountable & Having Tough Conversations
- Fostering Diverse & Inclusive Teams featuring Dena Samuels, DEI Coach & Author
- Women on Boards featuring Cassie Nielsen, WOB Executive Director
- Building Emotional Resilience & Executive Function featuring Lisa Aire, Founder Vista Caballo
- Have a Broader Social Impact with Your Personal Wealth featuring Groove Capital & ModernWell
- Parenting & the Future of Work featuring Amy Henderson, Founder of Tendlab & Author of Tending
- Helping Each Other Solve Problem Sessions
Meet Your Circle Leader
Angi Rassi, Senior PNL Business Leader | Growth Accelerator | Innovator | Executive Coach
“I believe if you want to go fast, go alone, but if you want to go far you go together. I am on a mission to help women go farther in business. And we will do it together. The way women have been accelerating change for generations.”
Angi is a growth accelerator, senior business leader and executive coach passionate about helping women succeed in business. She has coached over 150+ high potential leaders at pivotal moments in their careers and led businesses ranging in size from $25M to $1B as an Officer (top 100 global leaders) at General Mills accelerating growth on all of them. Angi recently joined John B. Sanfilippo & Son and leads Innovation, Business Development and the Women of JBSS Employee Resource Group.
“I know what it is like to rise in the ranks of corporate America. I know what it is like to lead large teams at a high level in a Fortune 500 company. I know what it is like to lead small teams in a scrappy entrepreneurial company. I know what it is like to be an “only”, “few” and a “many”. I know what it is like to do all of that while balancing the demands of 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a working husband. And I know that one of the key things helping me do it all well is the community of women that have supported and guided me throughout my career.”
What You'll Gain
Women with both a broad-based network and a close circle of confidantes have leadership positions with 2.5x higher authority and pay (HBR 2019).
Limited spots are available. We are committed to being inclusive, diverse and accessible. Learn more.
Applications for 2023 Cohort are now closed
Format: This is an 11- month virtual program that meets once a month on Mondays for 1.5 hours.
Timeframe: February 2023 – January 2024
OSC Members: $650
General Public: $750
We are committed to being accessible and we’ve cultivated a strong network to support the peer mentoring circle. No one will be turned away due to a lack of funds, thus please reach out to us regarding financial concerns. Submit your request for a scholarship when you complete the application form.
Applications for 2023 Cohort are now closed.
“I loved how diverse the circle was – not only from a demographics standpoint, but from a role, experience, and POV standpoint. It is so helpful to have a diversity of opinions and experiences.”
“It’s been great to network and to talk about topics we wouldn’t normally cover in a purely professional circle.”
“Having a diverse support group to learn and share with has been extremely helpful. I don’t see where an opportunity would have natural presented itself to meet the majority of the women in the group.”
“The most helpful part of the circle has been…connection, discussion, camaraderie with the other women– unique forum to discuss business issues most relevant to senior women/women of color or interested in DEI issues.”