March 30, 2020 by dev_team
Webinar Recap: Inclusive and resilient team building in a virtual work environment
If you were unable to make it, or simply want to share the webinar with your teammates – the webinar recording is now available on the J.E.D.I Collaborative website
- How to Make Virtual Meetings More Engaging, Effective, and Inclusive
- Subtle Acts of Exclusion: How to Understand, Identify, and Stop Microaggressions by Dr. Tiffany Jana
- Erasing Institutional Bias: How to Create Systemic Change for Organizational Inclusion by Dr. Tiffany Jana
- Overcoming Bias: Building Authentic Relationships across Differences by Dr. Tiffany Jana
- 27 Female ‘FamTech’ Founders Come Together To Care For Families During The COVID-19 Crisis
- Working From Home With Kids, 5 Action Steps For Leaders, Managers, And Employees
- Template Action Plan for Working from Home When You’re Caring for Others
- Three Tips for Managing Parenting and Remote Work
- Work from Home – Tips from the Guru Crew
- Remote Work Thrival Guide by Cheryl Eaton
- Leadership and transformation in virtual environments
- The Coronavirus Crisis Doesn’t Have to Lead to Layoffs
- Nonprofit Resources List: #NPCOVID19
- Ideas for Creating a Sense of Culture, Community Amid Social Distancing and Work-From-Home Mandates
- Best Practices for Working Remotely
- How to transition to remote work in a hurry
- Working from home: How to feel the love when your team is far away
THANK YOU TO OUR SPEAKERS!
Mindfulness-Based Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Author, Speaker, Leadership Trainer & Transformation Coach
Dena Samuels, PhD, serves as a mindfulness-based diversity, equity, and inclusion author, speaker, leadership trainer, and consultant. As an award-winning tenured professor, Dr. Samuels taught at the University of Colorado – Colorado Springs for 20 years while consulting nationally and internationally. She now consults full-time on mindful, inclusive leadership development. Her passions include inspiring people to raise their personal and social awareness to live more fulfilling, connected, and meaningful lives; and assisting organizations, campuses, and corporations in building more diverse, equitable, and inclusive cultures
CEO, Alter Eco
Mike Forbes is currently CEO of Alter Eco. Alter Eco was founded in San Francisco, CA, in 2005 with a mission to bring great-tasting products that are better for people and planet to consumers across the country. Alter Eco is best known for its line of chocolates and truffles, which are available coast-to-coast at retailers including Whole Foods, Sprouts, Wegmans, Publix, and Kroger. Alter Eco has been a visionary in full circle sustainability efforts since its inception. It has been a leader in the fair trade movement and has pioneered several compostable packaging innovations, including zero waste truffle wrappers that divert 12.5 million wrappers annually from landfills. All products are Certified Organic, Fair Trade and carbon neutral. Most importantly, Alter Eco chocolate is next level delicious and is crafted using whole ingredients with no compromises.
CEO/Co-Founder, Miyoko’s Kitchen
Miyoko Schinner is founder and CEO of Miyoko’s Kitchen, makers of an award-winning line of artisan vegan cheese and other dairy alternatives sold in thousands of stores across the country. A vegan for thirty years, Miyoko missed the “cheese experience” and spent years perfecting recipes that would satisfy this craving not only for herself but foodies across a broad spectrum, eventually building a brand that is currently the fastest growing in its category.
Founder of TMI Consulting Inc.
Dr. Jana is a non-binary Awareness Artist and Pleasure Activist. They use their work and art to create a loving embrace of people and culture that includes an emphasis on liberation through joy. Their artistic expression includes painting, poetry, and performing arts. Dr. Jana is the author of four inclusion books, including three best-sellers. They are the founder of TMI Consulting Inc, the world’s first diversity focused Certified Benefit Corporation. Dr. Jana has been featured in numerous publications and media including Fast Company, NY Times, and Forbes for their work on diversity, equity, empowerment, and inclusion. They’ve done a TEDx on privilege and were named one of the Top 100 Leadership Speakers by Inc.com.
CEO/Co-Founder of Tendlab
Amy Henderson is the founding CEO of TendLab, a training and development company addressing the challenges and the opportunities parenthood brings into the workplace. TendLab’s research-based approach supports parents and the companies where they work in unlocking the career critical skills parenthood can develop. TendLab’s clients include Salesforce, Accenture, FitBit, Lululemon, Johnson & Johnson, Asana, the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub, Yelp, Airbnb, Plum Organics, Toyota, and many more. And TendLab has been featured in TheWall Street Journal, Forbes, Fast Company, Slate, InStyle, and others.
Managing Director/ Chief Innovation Officer, Guru
Cheryl is the managing director of Guru, a marketing company dedicated to work for conscious companies trying to make the world a better place. Prior to managing Guru, was a partner at a top Northeast advertising agency and a marketing strategist in the film industry. She has worked for clients such as Seventh Generation, Bring Change to Mind, REBBL, New Balance, and Green Mountain Power. Cheryl holds her MBA in Sustainable Business and continues to inspire conscious business leaders as a graduate professor of Design Thinking, Innovation, Marketing, and Presentation Skills.