One Step Closer To Zero Waste
Join the campaign and help the planet move one step closer to zero waste
ONE STEP CLOSER TO ZERO WASTE PACKAGING is a campaign for action and inspiration to reduce and/or eliminate single use plastics in our products, packaging, and personal lives. It is clear that we need to raise awareness on the topic, and find ways to mobilize both industry stakeholders and consumers to join forces to combat plastic waste – in fact, in a study done by McKinsey, 60-70% of consumers would pay a premium for sustainable packaging and it’s estimated that a more circular economy could generate $4.5B in economic growth – meaning we have a unique opportunity to stimulate economic growth, turn waste into wealth, and differentiate our brands through the lens of sustainability.
The One Step Closer to Zero Waste campaign, runs January through February 2022 (leading into Expo West), and will include consumer call to actions, advocacy around policy on the topics of infrastructure, labeling and extended producer responsibility, and brand storytelling to share best practices and stories of progress from CPG brands around the globe. This way, we can raise awareness, celebrate industry progress, and mobilize policy momentum and community impact during this 8 week campaign. You can learn more about the campaign in our recent press release highlighting the campaign purpose and partnerships.
- December 9th, 2021 @ 9AM PST – Campaign Overview
- January 1st, 2022 – Campaign Kickoff
- February 28th, 2022 – Campaign Wrap Up
- Expo West Activation – TBD
- Sign up for the campaign updates HERE
- Download the One Step Closer to Zero Waste Campaign Toolkit
- Watch the Campaign Kick Off Webinar recording and review the overview slide deck
- Read more about the campaign in our recent press release
Contact: Alyssa Harding, OSC Packaging Collaborative [firstname.lastname@example.org]