April 29, 2019 by dev_team
Streaming now On-Demand: The State (and Future) of Natural and Organic @ Expo West 2019
Did you miss The State (and Future) of Natural and Organic panel at Expo West 2019 in Anaheim?
See below for on-demand streaming, and access to session materials presented at one of our favorite sessions at Expo West, The State (and Future) of Natural and Organic. Tune in around minute 1:12:30 to hear more from our co-founder and Executive Director, Lara Dickinson, on the need to support radical collaboration initiatives in our industry, like the Climate Collaborative’s Climate Day and OSC2’s Packaging Collaborative, and the need for companies at all-levels to step up and fight to eliminate small form bar wrappers from our waste streams.
The rate of change kept pace in 2018 for the U.S. natural and organic products industry. With annual consumer sales now totaling well over $200 billion across the industry, natural and organic has tipped into the mainstream and is now defining the future for food, nutrition and CPG. In this year’s annual Natural Products Expo West State of Natural and Organic session, New Hope Network’s Carlotta Mast will provide an overview of 2018 sales and growth by product category and sales channel, while exploring the top macro forces and trends fueling growth in and shaping the future of the industry. Nick McCoy, co-founder and managing director of Whipstitch Capital, will use data and market insights from SPINS to offer a deeper dive into sales and growth, with a focus on:
- Declining conventional product categories and the opportunities this opens up for natural and organic.
- Why natural and organic brands shouldn’t ignore the natural channel.
- What’s driving growth in the thriving plant-based movement.
- When negative sales velocity can actually be a good thing.
Turning our attention to the future, an industry pioneer (Walter Robb, former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market), a master industry collaborator (Lara Dickinson, executive director of OSC2), an agricultural visionary and changemaker (Philip Taylor, founder of Mad Agriculture) and an entrepreneurial rising star and nutrition maven (Katlin Smith, founder and CEO of Simple Mills) will join the second half of this session, which will feature a lively and case study-based panel discussion on such topics as:
- The changing consumer and addressing ever-present consumer confusion.
- Current supply chain limitations for natural & organic and how we can revolutionize the supply chain to meet the needs of the future, create new opportunities for industry and farmers, and mitigate climate change.
- How radical collaboration can create solutions to our greatest challenges and opportunities that wouldn’t be available to companies and organizations working in isolation.
- Carlotta Mast, SVP of Content & Insights, Market Leader, New Hope Network, Informa Health & Nutrition
- Katlin Smith, Founder & CEO, Simple Mills
- Lara Dickinson, Executive Director, OSC2, Partner, Pluot Consulting
- Nick McCoy, Managing Director & CoFounder, Whipstitch Capital
- Philip Taylor, Founder, Mad Agriculture
- Walter Robb, Former CoCEO, Whole Foods Market, Principal, Stonewall Robb Advisors
Download presentation slides
Click the image below to download the presentation deck for The State (and Future) of Natural and Organic.